Although it is always a good idea to not pop your zits and or pimples in order to avoid scarring, it is understandable that it is not always possible to resist popping and for some it is down right impossible. So if you really must pop your pimples, make sure you do it the right way.
Tools you will need
- Needle and matches
- Soap and water
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab
Knowing when a pimple is ready to be popped
The pimple is ready to be popped when it has formed a little white head. This is when all the pus has accumulated into a small pocket and is all set to be discharged. If the pimple does not have a white head then by all means leave it alone! it is not ready and you can make things worse by enlarging it or turning it into a cyst.
Method for successful zit popping
- Wash you hands and the affected area with soap
- Sterlize the needle by passing it through a match flame
- Use a cotton ball silled with alcohol to wipe the needle with making sure you remove all the black.
- Use another cotton ball dipped in alcohol to wipe over the pimple and surrounding area.
- Take the needle and press it ever so gently over the area where the white pus is visible. Create a tiny prick to open it. And that should work if the pimple was ready to be popped.
- Use a clean cotton ball to put even pressure all around the outside to let the pus out.
After Popping Treatment
- Clean the area with a cotton ball and apply some type of alcohol based antiseptic drying lotion like salicylic acid, witch hazel or benzoyl peroxide.
- Let the pimple dry out without covering it up.
Spot Treatment Products for Zits and Pimples
Click on the links below to see product details.